Friday, June 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

So May 15th I learned that it was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day and what better way to celebrate than with some fresh homemade cookies!






This is my go to recipe...mostly because the urge to bake cookies usually happens late at night or we want them right then and I don't have time to be letting butter warm to room temperature!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups plus 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tbsp of butter (melted then cooled til warm)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1-1.5 cups of chocolate chips (I prefer the mini chips)

Preheat oven to 325 F.
Melt butter in microwave just until it melts.
Add sugars, vanilla & salt, lightly stir.
Add eggs and blend (I use my kitchen aid)
Add flour & baking soda slowly until blended.
Add chocolate chips and stir.

Bake around 14 minutes or until done to desired shade of brown. ENJOY!


1 comment: